Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What happens next?



So you’ve got your financing squared away – even a pre-approval letter in hand. First thing we do is set up a search for you. As a first time buyer – it’s probably better to keep your search fairly vague. Price range, locations, minimum number of bedrooms/sq. feet/bathrooms/garage spaces, etc. The system will generate an e-mail with results that meet your criteria and as new listings pop up, so will a new e-mail. The search is incredibly easy to change, so if you what to narrow or broaden the scope – it’s a breeze to tweak.

Now you’re ready to get out there and look at some houses. This is the fun part – believe me, you’ll see some crazy stuff. We’ll set up time to go out and tour houses, it helps to give me 24 hour notice so I can map out the homes, figure a route and make sure the home owner won’t be there. We can always do short notice showings, but typically a seller would expect a 2 hour notice. I’ll provide you with printouts of each home and a map to help you take notes (when you look at 5 or more, they start to blur together). And I’ll drive us, so you can just focus on the houses. One quick tip: wear comfortable shoes that slip off easily. It’s hard to say how many houses you need to look at before you find the one. I’ve had clients look at less than 5 and others look at over 100. It’s easy to set up showings and look at houses AND it’s the best way for you feel sure about your decision. I have no doubt that the client that looked at 100 houses knew with absolute certainty that the house they bought was the best fit for them.

I should have mentioned last week; if you’re thinking about buying, I’d be happy to mail you out a packet filled with info for first time home buyers – get in touch.

No house of the week this week – let me know what you want to see: biggest? most bathrooms?

No comments: